The current immunizations we use here at Boulevard Pediatrics include the following:
Infant/Young Toddler Years:
- Prevnar (Pneumococcal disease): a pneumococcal vaccine now covering 13 strains of the bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Rotateq (Rotavirus): a vaccine for the prevention of rotavirus gastroenteritis covering 4 strains of the virus.
- Pentacel: our combination vaccine which includes coverage for Diphtheria, Pertussis (AKA whooping cough), and tetanus (DTaP), polio, and Haemophilus influenzae (Hib).
- Engerix-B (Hepatitis B): a vaccine for the prevention of Hepatitis B.
- Havrix (Hepatitis A): a vaccine for the prevention of Hepatitis A.
- ActHib (Hib): an individual vaccine for Haemophilus influenzae…used for the final booster of this bacteria.
- Daptacel (DTaP): an individual vaccine for DTaP…used for the 4th booster during this age range.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): a combination vaccine for the three viruses just mentioned.
- Varivax (Chicken pox): a chicken pox vaccine.
Kindergarten Years (beginning at 4 years of age):
- MMR: the second dose.
- Varivax: the second dose.
- Daptacel a final booster.
- IPV (Polio): an individual vaccine for polio…the final booster in the series.
- Adacel (Tdap): a vaccine for coverage of tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (similar in mindset to Daptacel).
- Menactra (Meningococcal disease): a vaccine for prevention of serious meningococcal disease caused by Neisseria meningitidis…including meningitis…which includes 4 strains of this bacteria.
- Gardasil (Human papillomavirus): the first and only cancer preventing vaccine we have available these days.
Please also keep in mind we here at Boulevard Pediatrics are constantly evaluating the immunizations we provide…to ensure both the greatest safety and coverage we can offer your children.